Being Safe Online
- Digital Citizenship
- The Easy Guide to Socialising Online
- Stay Smart Online
- Think U Know
- NSW Law Stuff
- Cyber Smart
- Online Help and Reporting
When using the internet it is important that you know how to stay safe and have fun. One important step is learning the following cybersafety rules:
- Think before you post information online- once posted it's difficult to remove.
- Ask your parent/carer before you give anyone on the internet your name, address or any personal details.
- Be careful who you trust online. Making new friends can be fun, but there's a chance that they may not be who they say they are.
- Always keep your password a secret.
- Set your profile to 'private' so your personal information is kept secret.
- If someone is nasty, offensive or makes you uncomfortable in a chat room, don't respond and leave straightaway.
- Don't open messages from people that you don't know. These could be nasty, contain viruses or be trying to sell you something.
- Tell your parents if you are upset by language, pictures or anything scary on the internet.