At Oak Flats Public School we believe that:
- All students can learn, and do so in a variety of ways.
- Meaningful educational technology integration is an essential element to learning in the 21st century.
- Effective teacher professional development is important in raising competencies for all educators, students and parents.
- Technology is a tool that is one part of a quality learning process.
- Other effective pedagogical strategies need to work in conjunction with technology.
- ICT devices are neither a substitute nor a replacement for teachers. They are a tool that can be used when they allow for outcomes to be achieved in ways not previously possible.
- Children need highly developed digital literacy skills to be employable.
- We have a responsibility to ensure that our students are confident and safe users of technology.
We envisage students using their devices for a wide range of learning activities, including but not limited to:
- Researching topics and concepts being covered in class.
- Reflecting on their learning in a safe online environment that will be provided by the school.
- Developing strong critical thinking skills through using multiple sources of information.
- Learning about cyber safety and being a good digital citizen.
- Accessing, exploring and sharing learning using a range of media and skills including: animation, concept and mind mapping, digital video and image creation, drawing and painting, interactive curricular resources, logic and problem-solving, 3D modelling and game-making, presentation and multimedia tools, sound and music making and typing tutors.